Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mind Over Matter - A Strange Myth?

By Jackie Traveller

A lot of people have a hard time believing that they can change their circumstances. If you are like most people, you believe that what you have is what you are stuck with. Understanding the concept of mind over matter will change all that.

The truth is, everything can be put down to mind over matter. We all have the capacity to master our own mind power. You just need to know how to do it.

One of the ways you can begin to develop using mind over matter is to practice turning your negative thoughts into positive affirmations. Spend some time thinking about what it means to control every aspect of your life with your thoughts. You could bring about a better job, more money, happier relationships, a healthier body and a happier disposition easily when you know how.

Now think about the things in your life you are happy for. You might be proud of your achievements, pleased with your home, happy with your relationship. Each of these circumstances are also a direct result of your mind's power. After all, you made the choices that resulted in these things being in your life.

Your subconscious mind has already been programmed to make you feel dread toward your job. Because of that negative belief, your life is highly impacted in all areas because your job is a huge part of your life.

A good example would be to use mind over matter techniques by repeating to yourself several times a day something that you may not believe, such as "I love my job, my co-workers, and my boss".

No matter how much you disagree with that statement, just try it. Eventually, you will begin to believe it, quite like those negative thoughts that have been bombarding your mind all these years.

A good way to begin putting the power of mind over matter to work for you is to repeat to yourself several times a day 'I love my job, I'm losing weight easily and money comes easily to me'. At first, you will automatically disbelieve these things. You will be tempted to feel as though they aren't true and they won't happen, but you'll be slowly programming your mind to accept choices that will result in more positive outcomes.

You will begin to see that everything in your life is mind over matter once you take a step back and think about your previous choices and decisions. Take for example a person who has been through a violent or abusive relationship. If those people have been told repeatedly they are fat or stupid or useless, eventually they'll believe it. Their self-esteem will come crashing down.

If only more people knew that their destiny lies in their hands (and minds of course), there would be less sadness and failure.

The mind can do amazing things. Scientists believe that humans use only 10% of their brain power. The remaining 90% is sitting latent in your skull, waiting for an opportunity to exert the power to create a life of abundance and joy.

It really is possible to live a life of joy and abundance once you have mastered the principles of mind over matter.

About the Author:


Post a Comment